Saturday, November 14, 2009

T or F?

I am one of those people whose preference is not immediately clear on the Myers-Briggs Thinking/Feeling (T/F) scale.  My colleagues sometimes think that I am a T, probably because I love learning and puzzles and can be quite direct at times.  I find it easy to be analytical, and as a strong Introvert I don't always express my feelings as readily as they might themselves.

However, my decisions are almost always made based on my personal values. If I am analytical, it is because I choose to use that ability in order to fill a need or because someone asks/expects me to. I am objective only when I make the effort to be so. Subjective is my natural preference.

From early childhood I was wondering what my ulitmate purpose is.  What is my contribution to the world?  I am proud of and foster my uniqueness.  Being authentic and following my own path is very important to me.  That includes using my mind, my curiousity and my creativity.  So I may appear "green" or "T" rather than "blue" or "F".  In True Colors and Personality Dimensions I refer to myself as Teal - comfortable in both worlds.

Thoughts or comments anyone?

"At bottom every man knows well enough that he is a unique being, only once on this earth; and by no extraordinary chance will such a marvelously picturesque piece of diversity in unity as he is, ever be put together a second time.”
~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Enjoy!
Keltie Creed

No comments:

Post a Comment