Monday, November 2, 2009

Finding Yourself

Every week I hear at least one adult job seeker say, "I don't know what they want to be when I grow up." Often they are hoping that I will provide them with an answer, which of course I can't. I can interpret assessments for them, offer observations on their skills and abilities, offer occupational information and listen to them while they work it out for themselves.

Some people need longer for self exploration, perhaps because they never had the opportunity in earlier life. Others know themselves pretty well already and still others are looking for excuses or avoiding taking a close look at themselves.

I love working with the people who see this period of challenge and change as an opportunity to be a different person. Perhaps the one they dreamed about being in the past, or perhaps discovering a whole new and exciting direction.


"Life isn't about finding yourself.
Life is about creating yourself."
~George Bernard Shaw

Enjoy!
Keltie Creed

No comments:

Post a Comment