Friday, January 30, 2009

Remembering Helen

Although I am late by a couple of days, I had planned to post something in memory of my mother earlier this week. It would have been her 81st birthday. There isn't a day that I don't think of her and I feel very lucky both to have had her as a role model, and to have had all her support and love.

I choose a very simple epitaph for her - "open heart, open mind". She loved deeply, gave freely and was a voracious reader. After learning that she had MS, she fulfilled a life long dream of going to college and became a Social Worker. She continued to help others both professionally and in her personal life. There are so many quotes to choose from for her, but for the moment, here is one that fits:

"While we have the gift of life, it seems to me that the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die-whether it is our spirit, our creativity, or our uniqueness."
~Gilda Radner

Missing her,
Keltie Creed

No comments:

Post a Comment