Friday, January 2, 2009

Encouragemints

I have been using encouragemints for my clients (and sometimes my colleagues and friends if they are in need of one!) since taking a workshop from Emily Sylvester at NATCON in the mid 1990's. She gave them to the workshop participants, and I have been doing that ever since. She also gave the suggestion in her booklet, "A Book of Surprises: Games, Stories and Magic for Career Practitioners".

I love giving these out at the end of a workshop, or having them on my desk if I see clients one-to-one.

My encouragemints are wrapped chocolate mints placed in a 2"x2" ziplock baggie along with an appropriate quote. If I remember correctly, Emily used scotch mints.

So I decided to use this blog to post my growing collection of encouraging quotes. I also use a lot of these for polymer clay "Bottles of Hope" which are empty medicinal bottles decorated with coloured clay and filled with a quotes.

I hope to post regularly with a quote for the day. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment