Friday, February 5, 2010

True Networking

Real Networking, to me, is information sharing, paying it forward and using your skills and knowledge to benefit others (and consequently often yourself). It is not cold calling, broadcasting or self marketing.  It it a long term investment - in your career but also your self esteem.
Recently I have been exploring LinkedIn, and am delighted to learn that it is an extremely effective tool for online networking.  People are sharing their knowledge, learning together, helping each other out.  At first I thought I would like the Questions and Answers section most, but in fact, it has been the groups that I am getting the most out of.  My favourite is the Career Counsellor Technology Forum.  Really helpful people, with lots of expertise.
The only drawback so far has been that I am spending more time online these days!

"The currency of real networking is not greed but generosity."

~Keith Ferrazzi

In co-operation
Keltie Creed

No comments:

Post a Comment